A fence that is properly cared for lasts longer. Include some of the following tips in your regular maintenance program:
- Repair or replace anchor post assemblies whenever they show signs of weakness.
- Refasten any loose wires to posts and splice broken wire when necessary.
- Keep fence wires properly stretched. Do this once or twice a year, depending on the fencing product.
- Keep weeds and brush cleared from the fence line.
- Plan and follow a regular inspection routine for any needed maintenance.